Friday, September 22, 2017

HOT Glue gun Review

Being a crafty type, being a mom, and being a homeschooler, glue guns are one of those tools that are somewhat regularly in use. For YEARS, I've only used the low temp glue guns, due to having small children around, and wanting to avoid potential hazards. However, my youngest is now 10, and I *think* I can relax my guard just a little bit.

I was please to be offered the opportunity to review a HOT glue gun, because sometimes the low temp guns just don't quite have what it takes to STICK. :/


The Cobiz Hot Melt Glue Gun with 60/100 W power options has been working well for my intended projects, as well as at least one un-intended project.


Same youngest mentioned above had a run in with a bad hop baseball, which broke the earpiece near the temple of his glasses. When his glasses broke before we tried super glue (nope) and duct tape, but they were extremely shaky "fixes." With this new Hot Melt glue gun, I am happy to say that the glasses are holding up pretty well, and will hopefully make it until he's due for his next appt in a month, when he can get new glasses! (Did I mention this is the second time the frames have broken~ insurance won't pay twice... ;/ )

I haven't had quite as much free time as I would like to try out some cool projects with my son (we have some mica that wants to be attached to something... but we haven't found the right something just yet)

However, I wanted to check it out, anyway, so I made a nifty little "pallet" coaster to hold my icy water cups on the side table in the living room, in the hopes of reducing condensation damage to the table
Glue gun heating up~ I could wish that the wire stand was a little more sturdy~ makes me a little nervous, but haven't had any trouble with it yet... 
See how fine the glue drops? I'm pretty happy with that! :) 

A couple of notes: The glue gun took a little longer than I expected to heat up and allow me to feed the glue stick through the first time (closer to 10 minutes), but it was much closer to the target 5 minute time the next time I used it.

I didn't actually use the 100W power because the projects I had required small streams of glue, and my understanding is that the higher power creates a thicker stream of glue.
The 60W stream of glue from this gun is FAR superior to anything any of my low temp glue guns ever put out... Those popsicle sticks aren't budging! :)

All in all, I'm pretty impressed and pleased with this glue gun, and can't wait to put it into action getting my crafty on. ;)
Blessings~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails