Friday, February 22, 2013

What Mamma Did... (Five Minute Friday)

 What my Mamma did... what makes her special,  MY mamma? 

My mamma taught me to read, 
not only with black tiles arranged on masking tape and trays, 
but to read "nature"~ the Glory of God's Creation
to stop and notice the small things~ 
to see the beauty in a bouquet of dried weeds, 
to listen to the wind, the birds, the rushing water
My mamma taught me the joy of baking
Bread, biscuits, donuts, cookies
 Candy making~ fudge and taffy
She taught me to always try new things, be creative ~ 
Enter the fair~ art, food, needlework ~ 
you never know if you'll win a ribbon unless you try~

She started my musical journey~ 
Teaching me notes on the staff of life.... 
MOM 
(Love you!)

Note~ photographs added after the 5 minutes were up. All photographs taken by me, but the painting on the right in the bottom strip is an original painting by my mom.

Five Minute FridayOn Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes.  No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
Blessings~
#FiveMinuteFriday

2 comments:

  1. There are times that I take those life lessons for granted. My mom taught me some of those same things and I am so grateful for them and for her. It's a good thing to remember what our moms taught us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom's are good at life lessons - good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails