Tuesday, February 12, 2013

French Fry Soup


French Fry Soup
Decided to migrate this recipe over here from my *mostly* defunct Small Change Adds Up blog...
We still love this recipe, 4 years (really? has it been that long?) later. Especially since I have a friend who is hosting a "Soup Swap" (of recipes) on her blog.

It's a little bit of a glorified (Fast) version of potato soup that I came up with in 2009.

Ingredients:

ingredients

2 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Tbs Butter
1 medium Onion, chopped
1 bag of frozen French Fries (The healthier the better...)
2 qts chicken broth (I used these great boxes of Rachel Ray's Natural Chicken Stock)



Melting butter, and olive Oil
Melt your butter with the olive oil in the bottom of a heavy stockpot over medium low heat.

Chop your onion (don't cry too hard), and saute in the hot oil/butter mixture until transparent and starting to turn golden. (They should just about melt in your mouth)

Add your bag of frozen french fries and your chicken broth/stock and bring to a boil. Then let it simmer for about 15 minutes, to cook the potatoes.

Finished Product
Mash your potatoes up to the consistency you prefer (Or really pulverize it in the blender, if you want CREAMY.... I prefer some chuncks in mine), and serve with yummy, crusty, toasted bread.

Variations on a theme: You can use any frozen french fries you like, but I highly recommend the less "processed", closer to the garden varieties. Some that we have used, all from Trader Joe's: Garlic French Fries, Chipotle French Fries, Sweet Potato French Fries

Sometimes I add some Basil... but then it is less "French Fry" soup.


Also linking up at

and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Blessings~

2 comments:

  1. My kids will just love this! Thanks so much for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I hope you will be able to join us again this week. Many blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is certainly an interesting twist on regular baked potato soup!
    The name alone is attention-catching!

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails