Friday, July 1, 2011

Welcome~ Attitudes or Amenities?


Want to take five minutes with me and just write without worrying if it’s just right or not. Here’s how we do it:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat with no editing, tweaking or self critiquing.
2. Link back to Five Minute Friday @ thegypsymama and invite others to join in
3. Go and tell the person who linked up before you what their words meant to you. Every writer longs to feel heard.
It’s a great way to exhale at the end of a beautiful week.
And for added fun gypsymama always throws into the pot something special from DaySpring.   How sweet!

So, this week's topic~ WELCOME ~  Go!


Everyone longs to feel welcome~ whether in someone's home, church, school, or any gathering of friends. Question: Am I doing my part?

I know that I always try to give a welcoming smile to someone new, because I know how I feel when I'm on the receiving end of a welcoming smile. It doesn't take much effort to make someone feel welcome in social situations, really. (And it's a health bonus~ Smiling is GOOD for you! :D )

I could wish that my home were more welcoming~ we really don't have much "Furniture" to seat people, so that's a problem. Having large family gatherings INSIDE just can't really happen here because it wouldn't be comfortable or welcoming from a physical standpoint.  (I usually can be found on the floor when we have company...), and then there is the "Clutter" issue (working on that....).

So what makes you feel welcome? Physical amenities,  or a welcoming attitude? I'm better with one than the other, but attitude usually wins out. :)
Blessings~

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails