Thursday, June 30, 2011

A matter of size, or size matters?

Booking Through Thursday  asks~
What’s the largest your personal library has ever been? What’s the greatest number of books you’ve ever owned at one time? (Estimates are fine.)
Is your collection NOW the biggest it’s ever been? Or have you down-sized?
What’s the fewest number of books you’ve ever owned (not counting your pre-reading years)?
 Well, I know that I can honestly say that my personal library is definitely the largest it has ever been and is growing (What more would you expect from a bibliophile who is homeschooling her children, and raising at least 1 if not more fellow book-worms???)

As far as estimating, well.... that would be a horse of a different color~ I have no idea really, how many books currently reside in our domicile, but I am beyond certain that it is in the thousands.... in the living room, the dining room, Eldest's room, and hundreds in my room, middlest's room, and the "upstairs". Although DH would prefer that we downsize, it's hard to do when the library is getting rid of so many classic books that are now OOP~ my home is becoming our library of sorts, at least for quality children's literature.

Fewest number of books owned.... um... I'm certain that I've always had at least a dozen or more.... not really sure about numbers. I just know that books have always been a part of my life. 

So... what about you? How many books in YOUR home? I'd love to hear about your home library in the comments below. And if you like, visit Booking Through Thursday and see where you fit in. :)

Blessings~

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails