Friday, September 5, 2014

Shea how soft it is... (Review)

I am always on the lookout for natural products to use in my home, so I was very pleased when #Adovia Mineral Skin Care sent me a 1 lb tub of Raw Shea Butter from Cleopatra's Choice  from Africa, 100% Organic Grade A  pure, raw, unrefined.

Having never used pure shea (only having seen it as an ingredient), I wasn't sure what to expect. When my Amazon order came in, it was in a plastic tub similar to those found at the deli, with all the information on the lid.

My initial impression was that the shea butter was very... fragrant ... in a not entirely unpleasant way, just rather unexpectedly strong in an earthy sort of way. Apparently it is normal for good, natural shea butter to be strongly scented, and most products that use raw, organic shea mask the scent with essential oils. The scent was not a problem for me, as my main intention was to use it on my dry rough summer heels and feet in general~ far from my olfactory sensors~ However, the rest of my family wasn't quite as excited about that nutty, earthy scent on arms/elbows and hands, so we haven't used it widely just yet. 

Right out of the container it really does look like a tub of butter, with a similar texture to refrigerated butter (but at room temperature). I do plan to order some essential oils to add to the shea butter, whipping it to make a creamier texture for regular use, and possibly making some of my own body butters, combining with coconut oil and other natural ingredients. 

As far as quality, I have nothing with which to compare, but I can say that using it at night on my horribly rough, dry "summer" feet has made a difference, and my feet are much happier (softer and smoother) than they were before the shea butter arrived. 

Shea butter is a non-clogging, deep moisturizer for skin, containing Vitamins A, E, and F, and I look forward to seeing how it affects my son's dry skin, and my husband's psoriasis, once I have it properly scented. I love being able to use natural ingredients, avoiding all of the additives that are so unnecessary and often harmful, but so commonly found in many body and skin care products. 

If you have any questions, or suggestions for use, please leave a comment below! 

Blessings~



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails