Friday, June 8, 2012

Expectation~ Five Minute Friday ~





Fridays are for writing for five minutes.
Only five minutes.
Stream-of-consciousness style. Like you did when you were in 9th grade.
Write and see what comes out. There’s no right or wrong. 
Got 5 minutes? Come and spend them writing 
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link up on 5 minute Friday (click on the button over there on the right) and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..




Photobucket
Expectation~ Big word with a whole lot of anxiety wrapped up in it~

What are my expectations of myself, my husband, my children, my friends?
Do they meet them? 
What are their expectations of me? 
More importantly, what are God's expectations of me?
Do I meet them?

There is a fine line between unrealistic "Great Expectations"  that are almost destined to be disappointments, and the expectation that pushes you to achieve your goals.

Here is a great expectation in my mind~ Micah 6:8 He has shown thee, O Man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

Puts my expectations of myself and others  into the proper perspective.

So, what do you Expect? (I am trying to expect great things in unexpected ways ) :)
Blessings~

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lis,
    Well since you didn't get the feedback like you were supposed to from your "Linky" I thought I would give it a shot. I love that you thought of that particular verse. I also really like that song :) It not only puts things in the proper perspective, it also takes the pressure off to perform to our own or others' expectations. It is laudable to have expectations that push us to achieve worthy goals, as you mention, but, if (or shall I say when) we fall short, we do not have to feel as if we have failed, in the bigger picture, if the values in Micah 6:8 are part of our mindset and life. And if we fall a bit short of this as well (as we inevitably will at times), we remember that "All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God". And that, after all, is why we all need Jesus, from whom we can always expect abiding love and forgiveness. So thank you for reminding me of these things with your interesting and helpful and Godly words :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails