Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday's Fave Five

Joining in on another "New-to-me" meme~  Friday's Fave Five.  A place to look back over the week and find those things that have blessed our everyday lives.


Onward and Upward~


1. Sunday afternoon surprises~ not one, not two, but THREE new trees for our yard! A new Eastern Redbud to replace the dead Norway maple that was in our front yard~  A variety I haven't seen before~ Forest Pansy ~ Pretty! And two sweet cherry trees~ we shall see what happens with those...
Redbud
Forest Pansy Eastern Redbud
2. Little boys who so desperately want to help their mama's plant said Redbud (if only I had had my camera handy while he was digging! But no... we were hurrying to get it in due to a tornado watch~ figured loosely in the ground was better than not...)


3. Baby birds and ever-vigilant robin parents~ Such fun to have a front-row seat!

4. Children who are motivated to clean (in hopes of sleep-overs.... I am NOT a Chinese Tiger-mom!)


5. Little boys who like to swing "Way up high in the big blue sky, where the birdies sing and the airplanes fly" and cuddle on my lap.


Hope to see you here again next week! :)
Blessings~

5 comments:

  1. Your tree is beautiful! I love a tree-filled yard. It was fun to watch the robins, too. Sounds like you're having fun with your boys -- enjoy!

    Welcome to FFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Nice to have you along.

    That tree is a lovely color. Kids just love helping out with anything to do with digging, don't they? And baby birds to watch grow up, how special for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful tree!

    I love being a mom of boys - mine are growing too fast! I'm holding onto precious moments like the ones in this post with tight fists!

    Welcome to FFF - I love this meme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to fff. It's a great group and an even greater exercise. Sounds like the tornado did not bother either your family or the loosely planted planted vegetation. I always loved it when external motivators (like a sleepover) helped my kiddos get their rooms and other chores done without me having to nag. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful tree! Stopping by from the TOS crew. Looking forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails