Written in a poetic format, "The Everywhere God" shares God's love and hope with children of all ages, and reassures them that regardless of what is happening, God is present, and God loves them, no matter the circumstance, no matter the sin~ He's there, and He cares!
Every child faces struggles, fears, and difficulties, some real and some rooted in fertile imaginations, some the result of external conditions, others the consequences of bad choices. This is a sweet little book, written by a grandfather to his granddaughter as she was going through some tough times that she perhaps had a hard time understanding.
Many of us grapple with the question of "Why me?" and "What now?" at some point, and for children, the answers can be particularly difficult to understand, as they are often certain that all of their circumstances are a result of their own actions.
If we can raise our children to know and understand that God loves them, no matter what is going on, and that He will be with them through thick and thin, imagine the new, emotionally healthy generation we might see, reaching out to a sick and hurting world.
While I don't think any one book (beyond the Bible) has the total power to change lives and situations, I do believe that many are good tools to expand on the truths we want to teach our children.
Literary comments: A few of the lines in "The Everywhere God" are a little contrived, in order to keep the rhyme, but beyond that, it reminded me of a Dr. Seuss or Margaret Wise Brown sort of rhythm and feel on many pages, which is a good connotation. The illustrations are sweet, colorful, and simple.
Now on with the giveaway...
This giveaway will have 4 winners. The grand prize winner will receive a new Fire 7" Tablet loaded with the Kindle edition of The Everywhere God. The Fire tablet includes:
- Beautiful 7" IPS display (171 ppi / 1024 x 600) and fast 1.3 GHz quad-core processor. Rear and front-facing cameras.
- All-new Amazon Underground, a one-of-a-kind app store experience where over $10,000 in apps, games and even in-app items are actually free - including extra lives, unlocked levels, unlimited add-on packs and more
- Enjoy more than 38 million movies, TV shows, songs, books, apps and games
- 8 GB of internal storage. Free unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with Fire devices. Add a microSD card for up to 128 GB of additional storage.
- Updated user interface - Fire OS 5 designed for quick access to your apps and content plus personalized recommendations that make it easy to discover new favorites
- Up to 7 hours of reading, surfing the web, watching videos, and listening to music
- Stay connected with fast web browsing, email, and calendar support
The Everywhere God is a book about hope for children of all ages. Written for his young granddaughter during a particularly difficult time, the late Pastor Bob Nelson wanted to be sure she knew God was with her no matter what else was happening. Despite people and circumstances, his message is clear, God never leaves or forgets about us and His love never ends. Upon it's completion, he knew it was something special and wanted to make it a children's book. Unfortunately, time passed and things never fell into place for his vision to come to life. He passed away in 2008 before he could see it happen. More than 20 years after it's original writing, Bob Nelson's daughter remembered this treasured poem and like her father, felt it needed to be shared with the world. For many years she kept this special story in the back of her heart and always dreamed of making his vision for a children's book a reality.To enter the giveaway, please use the Rafflecopter below after reading the terms and conditions.