Tuesday, November 18, 2014

NKJV Study Bible (BookLook Review)


When I saw the NKJV Study Bible, Full Color Edition was available to review, I decided to check it out. I watched the trailer on it, and then called my 17 year old over to see if she would like to use it. I have to say, I never would have expected her reaction to the trailer... when it got to the 44/45 second mark was about when I heard her say "o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-h" in a voice that is generally reserved for cute little fluffy bunnies and kittens and such.
You'll have to watch the trailer to see what caught her attention :D

I recommend watching the trailer anyway.  This is definitely a case of not judging a book by its cover, as the cover itself is rather bland, the Full Color Edition refers to the inside which is filled with beautiful photographs and maps right in the text, so that you can see what you're reading about on the same page. This is all highlighted in the trailer below. (And yes, we jumped right on the opportunity to review this Bible). 

Our thoughts: 
  • It is wonderful to have a good study Bible in the NKJV, as that is what my kids use for memorization. 
  • The center column reference is a new tool for my daughter, and one that I have a great fondness for myself. 
  • The concordance is one of the most complete in-Bible concordances that I have seen in a long time~ also a good tool (One of my daughter's favorite features).
  • Having the maps and photos in the text helps to bring the words more to life as one reads~ what a great feature! 
  • Book introductions, outlines and timelines are all useful to the Bible scholar, whether they are just starting out, or are an old hand at study.
  • There are also Word Studies and indexes, which haven't been used yet, but will be handy when the need arises. 
  • The Textual Notes haven't been used yet, so I can't speak to those at this point. 
We wonder if this Bible in the leather binding would be lighter, as the hard-cover is rather heavy and not as conducive to bringing along to church or her youth group Bible study~ we would love to be able to have all those benefits in a slightly more portable edition (understanding that with all the extra features, this might be a difficult proposition). 

If you are looking for a new study Bible, something for a junior high or high school student, college student or adult, then this might be a most excellent choice. It is available at the FaithGateway Store,  Amazon (Aff link), CBD, and most likely your local Christian Book Store. 


Blessings, 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails