Friday, June 13, 2014

G is for Gratitude (Charlotte Mason Inspiration # 13)

G is for Gratitude


I love the way Charlotte Mason reminds us to be grateful to the Grand Artist, the Almighty Creator, for the smallest to the largest miracles of nature that He created.

Yesterday was a homeschool park day at a local wooded, riverside park. After everyone else went home, we went for a walk on the trails through the woods, and on paths along the river. Imagine my surprise and delight when I spied a lovely spotted Pink Lady Slipper Orchid. I have never in all my years been privileged to see one in person, in the wild. Truly, "Great and marvelous are Thy works, Lord God Almighty." I was so happy that my daughter had her ipod and was able to take the pictures above.

I am reminded of Ann Voskamp's  One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are, which is really all about gratitude to the One who gives us every good gift (James 1:17)

What hidden delights have you discovered lately? I'd love to hear what you've seen that inspires you to gratitude.

Blessings~

Ben and Me


<----- center="" inking="" nbsp="" style="text-align: left;" up="">

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails