Monday, May 7, 2012

Homeschool Library Builder


As a 4th year reviewer on the TOS Crew Reviews, I have previously reviewed the HomeSchool Library Builder(HSLB) website a couple of times. I'll give you a quick synopsis, but I do suggest visiting my first review (linked below) to get a more thorough rundown on my opinion, and some insight on how the site works.

HSLB is kind of like a "new and used" book store on the web, but rather than gouging prices, the lovely homeschool moms that run HSLB just try to offer good, reasonable, common sense service. You can search by curriculum and age, as well as other criteria for books to flesh out your homeschool library shelves.

Because my basic opinions (GOOD!) of HSLB haven't changed, I would like to point you to my review from November '08 and ask you to check them out! (good books, low prices, great service, and a free membership "points" program are some of the features that I expounded upon....)

If you sign up for their monthly newsletter (You can read the May newsletter here) you will hear all about any specials they are running, as well as previews of their "Spotlight on the Seasons" (free teacher resources and activities for the month). They regularly offer a "Big Bin" sale (Many books placed in $1, $2, $3, $4, and $5 bins~ excellent bargains to be had!), and run various % off sales.

For the month of May the entire store is on sale for 25% off! For an example of the sort of deal you may find~ I just browsed through and found this book, which interests me ~ it is a hard-cover, "list-price" $16.99. HSLB is offering it for $5.99, but with the 25% off May sale, the price is reduced to $4.49. Not too shabby! :)

A little side note: if you see something you want (As I mentioned in my '08 post), you should consider purchasing right away. As a PSA (Public Service Announcement), I would like to include some of the "Fine print" which will make purchasing from HSLB go more smoothly. :) 
  • Unless you LOG IN to the website the items in your cart will NOT be saved!  
  • "Saved" does not mean "Safe." After a time of inactivity the items in your cart will be made
    available to other customers. 
  • THE "SAFEST" way to ensure you get the items you want is to PURCHASE them before
    you leave the site. Just write in the comment box that you are still shopping. You will then have 7 days to finish your shopping. They will combine the orders and adjust any shipping costs. If they have not heard from you within 7 days your shipment will automatically be shipped.
I can also say that I have personally purchased  from HSLB and been quite happy with the entire transaction~ Satisfied customer! :)
I hope that this information is helpful to your homeschool budget. I like the HSLB motto:

"Fill your bookshelves without emptying your wallet" 

For more opinions and insights on the Homeschool Library Builder website, please visit the TOS Crew Review Blog, and check out the linky.
Blessings~
Disclaimer: I am reviewing this website as part of the TOS Crew Review Program. I did not receive any compensation, but was offered an additional one-time discount in the event I order from the website. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails