Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Left-over Indian dishes? PIZZA!!!!

Well...... it's been a LONG time since I've joined in with Menu Planning Monday, but figured the first Monday of the year might be a good time to start! :)  Pretty basic "plans"

  • Monday~ Chicken Tikka Masala and Mutter Paneer Pizzas (They were Delish!) 
The basic concept it to make my favorite pizza crust (I'll copy the recipe here) This recipe makes enough to fill two large rectangular bar pans from Pampered chef(I suppose it would work for two round pizza stones, too, but I don't have any of those, so we eat rectangular pizza!)

  • 4 1/2 tsp yeast
  • 2 tsp sugar(I used Florida's Naturals)
  • 2 cups warm water
  • 5 cups whole wheat flour OR 2 cups whole wheat flour, 2 cups white wheat flour, and 1 cup cornmeal (This is our current favorite crust combo)
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 4 Tbs olive oil
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Set the timer for 10 minutes.
Mix the flour and salt in a medium sized bowl, while the yeast is "activating".
When the timer goes off, the yeast mixture should be "creamy", if it is,
Add the yeast mixture and the oil to the dried ingredients, and beat until smooth.
Split in half (I save one half in an airtight container or ziplock baggie for another night)
Let the dough "relax" for 5 minutes, so that it will be easier to roll out.

For both pizzas I just used the 1/4-1/2 cup or so of left-over tikka masala (on one) and the mutter paneer on the other. Chunked up the chicken and cheese on their respective doughs, added a few spoons of Raita (A yogurt sauce that generally comes with the Biryani that I'll be using tomorrow), and sprinkled with some of the left-over white rice.
I LOVE Left-over  Ethnic food pizza!
  • Tuesday~ might see another pizza~ Chicken Biryani style (Yup~ love using up those New Year's Eve Indian food leftovers! Oooooh... or maybe I'll turn the biryani into a crust for a quiche! That might be interesting!~ If I remember, I'll let you know what I decided to do. :D
  • Wednesday~ Looking at a creamy spinach casserole
  • Thursday~ Soup (Possibly Broccoli Apple? It is certainly a favorite around here, and I understand that the weather will be getting a little chilly, so it's not a bad idea!) 
  • Friday~ Feeling like a turkey/pumpkin chili, using leftover (Frozen) turkey from Thanksgiving~ Stylin' 22nd Anniversary dinner, hey? That's what happens when it's AWANA night! I expect we'll do something else on Saturday. :)
So there you have it, my basic plans~  Don't forget to visit Menu Planning Monday for lots of other great ideas!
Blessings~

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails