CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND STUFFING CASSEROLE
- 8 chicken breasts
- Large box of Bell's Stuffing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 c water
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup**
**Make your own cream of chicken soup mix
- 1/3 c powdered milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or 1/2 cup flour
- 2 or 3 shakes of ground pepper
- pinch of basil
- pinch of thyme
- 2 and 1/2 cups of chicken broth***
- 1 to 2 Trader Joe's Concentrated Chicken Broth packets (Or 1-2 tsp boullion, etc...) and
- 2 and 1/2 cups water
- Mix the sour cream, water, and cream of chicken soup (Or mix)
- Lay out 4 chicken breasts on the bottom of a large crockpot
- Sprinkle 1/2 box of stuffing over the top
- Pour half of the soup mixture and spread it so the stuffing is covered
- Repeat the layers and sprinkle with shredded cheese on top.
(If halving the recipe, cook for 4-6 hours)
Serve with homemade (or canned) cranberry sauce, and green beans or broccoli for a yummy dinner.
Thank you Brenda E. for the bones of this recipe.