Let me tell you a little story that started 2 weeks ago (During "School vacation week" of all times, DH even had Monday off... gorgeous day!). Unfortunately, I had a booming headache. :( (I get them on a semi-regular basis~ I have temporomandibular joint syndrome, otherwise known as TMJ). I have come to realize that if my back muscles are tense, and they don't get "Relaxed" then the tension moves up to my shoulders, my neck, and up to my jaw, at which point I end up with a 3-day debilitating headache. YUCK!
So, back to this beautiful April day, and my banging head. While everyone else was out having fun, I checked my email ever so briefly. What to my wondering eyes should appear, but the opportunity to review a WAHL Massager. At that point in time, I was literally aching for some relief! Hallelujah!
WAHL sent me the Deluxe Therapy Full-Size Therapeutic Massager for review. Just in time to try for some relief from my second headache that decided to show up.
Corded, full size 2-Speed Massager with a flexible neck
3 attachments with 6 surfaces to customize your massage options.
- Currently fixed to the massager is the smooth-topped attachment with a ring of knobs for pin-point pressure.
- Above the massager you see the inverse "Deep Attachement" with long prongs designed to dig deep into muscles, and a smooth surface ring.
- The third attachment (below the massager) is the "Kneading Attachment" with a slotted side surface to give a light muscle masage.
One negative that I found~ the handle is far too large for me to use comfortably. I have some arthritis in the lower part of my thumb from an old injury, so the size of the handle makes it a little difficult for me to use for more than a minute or two. You can see in the photo below that even without the arthritis issue, it is a rather large for my small hands. I think I will be best served in asking my DH to apply this to my back, shoulders and neck. However, that being said, in a pinch, it's MUCH better than the alternative nothing.
I have to say that there are some other therapeutic massagers offered by Wahl that look like they are made more for the feminine hand, so be sure to check them out~ Visit the Wahl Massager page to find the perfect massager for you, and learn the benefits as well as the best techniques for using Wahl Massagers. I'm pretty interested in the Deluxe Heat Therapy Massager myself. It looks fantastic, and the Deep Tissue Massager looks like it would work really well with my little arthritic hand~ nice slender handle! :)
Mom Relief Initiative Giveaway
Wahl (the company that invented the electric massager) recognizes that mothers work hard all day, every day. To celebrate that dedication, Wahl is sponsoring its first-ever Mom Relief Initiative, and providing 50 massagers to 50 deserving moms this Mother's Day. Knowing that spas book out Mother's Day weekend months in advance, a therapeutic massager might be a most excellent gift for the deserving mother in your life.
• You have until May 13, to like Wahl Home on Facebook, and nominate your favorite mom to win a mom relief package from Wahl, whether it’s your mom, grandmother, wife, daughter, a friend or yourself.
• To enter the Mom Relief Initiative, simply post a comment on the Wahl Home facebook page explaining why the mom on your list deserves relief—maybe they’re a single mom who does it all, a working mom who never takes a break, a grandmother who’s always been there…every mom has a story and every story matters.
• Entries will be judged on their uniqueness and sincerity and the winners will be selected once the contest wraps up on May 13. Stories MUST be submitted before then in order to be considered.
Check it out, and Happy Mother's Day a couple of weeks early!