Monday, January 30, 2017

My Holy Bible for Girls, Journal Edition (Review)

Have you, your daughters, nieces, friends, cousins, mothers, aunts, etc. been intrigued by the current Bible Journaling trend?  I *love* that there is a trend out there concerning reading the Bible! How awesome is that?  Well, I was sent a lovely Journaling Bible for review, My Holy Bible for Girls, Journal Edition, and I want to share some photos and my thoughts on this particular Edition (and suggest that it is for girls of all ages, not just the young'ns. :) )

The cover of this Bible is a sturdy turquoise hardcover with a lovely foil design, featuring gold, white and pink accents.
The spine is pretty, too! 

The attached pink elastic band holds the Bible closed when not in use (Which is helpful in protecting the spine of hardcover Bibles), and the turquoise passage marker ribbon helps to keep your place.

The text is the very readable NIV, and while not the version I use to memorize, a very good version for general Bible use/journaling. There are no additional printed notes or study aids, so this will become a personalized Bible with the addition of your notes and thoughts. 

The pages are thicker than the typical Bible, which allows them to hold up better to highlighting, underlining, note-taking and drawing. I will observe that you can still see the text through from the other side, so I wouldn't recommend using extremely bold coloring, unless you don't mind it showing through.

Each page has a nice wide, lightly lined column to use for writing notes, thoughts, or adding drawings to the passage. I particularly appreciate that the lines are not heavy or bold, so that if you wish to exercise your artistic abilities, the lines won't really detract from that.

Although my daughter had received a journaling Bible previously (I purchased it when there weren't many options out there, and I will add that it was the version she memorizes in), she very drawn to the sparkly cover with it's butterfly and doily-like decorations~ again, definitely not a "little girls" Bible only.


If you are contemplating using a Bible devotionally, and planning to add notes or artwork, this would not be a bad choice, and I think it would also make a lovely gift for someone, either as an encouragement or to mark a special occasion. Side note: this Bible comes with other cover options: pink, minty white, and purple, if the turquoise isn't quite what you're looking for. :)

Blessings~
Thank you to Handlebar Marketing for my review copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails