Friday, October 28, 2016

CrossTimber Name Meaning Gifts (Review)


I always enjoy it when the TOS Homeschool Review Crew gets to review something out of the ordinary, especially when it is a homeschooling family's business! CrossTimber is the family business of John and Katie Dehnart and their children. They offer name meaning gifts in a variety of formats: Personalized Framed Plaque with Name Meaning and Bible Verse in 7x9 and 8x10 sizes, Name Meaning Mugs, and Music boxes. They also offer special discounts and bookmarks with multi-item orders.

So, now that you know what they offer, let me tell you a little bit about our experience. One of the first things that you will want to do is find out what they will be using for a name meaning. Although I already knew the "traditional" meanings of the names in my family, I wanted to know what they would come up with. Over the course of discussion with John I found out that they do indeed pull from many resources to put together their name meanings... a bookshelf full of babyname books, linguistic translations for some names, Bible dictionaries for others, and for most names, prayer. A family after my own heart, researching the details.


So, the toughest part for me was choosing which family member to make a plaque for. I finally settled on a plaque for my husband, as he had nothing similar, and the name meaning the Denharts used truly does reflect his heart and personality.

Name Meaning Plaque

One of the additions that make CrossTimber's name meaning plaques unique is that they also incorporate a Scripture verse that coordinates with the name. I especially love that the verse chosen incorporates music and singing for my musician husband~ and that's where the prayer on the part of the Dehnarts comes in, as I didn't mention anything about that at all!
Name Meaning Plaque with complimentary bookmark close up detail
The ordering process was fairly simple once I made up my mind on whose name to use, and which background to choose. Oh yes... the backgrounds~ There are SO MANY beautiful backgrounds, photos and designs... If you are ordering for a special occasion, make sure you allow enough time to make your choice~ It took me a few days to decide!
There are many designs for each of these categories:

Although I was quite happy with the name meaning and Scripture chosen for the plaque I ordered, I am fairly confident that the Dehnarts will work with you if you have a specific meaning or verse you would like to use. In fact, they have a personalization option that allows for something other than a Bible Verse to be included on the plaque if you are ordering for a special occasion. 



Not So Nutty Nitty Gritty 
  • Company: CrossTimber
  • Product: Personalized Framed Plaque with Name Meaning and Bible Verse
  • Ages: Gift product for all ages
  • Price: $25 and up
Visit their social media pages on Facebook and Pinterest. Be sure to enter their drawing for a free gift (choice of 2 name plaques or a mug) before it ends (don't worry, you have a month left yet..., just don't forget! :D ).

Please click the banner below to visit the TOS Review Crew and see what others had to say. I took a peek at a few of the reviews, and Wow! There are some really amazing pieces out there! As always, I hope that this review was useful to you as you choose where best to spend your homeschool budget.
Blessings~
Click to read Crew Reviews
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails