Monday, August 18, 2014

Mid-August Homeschooling Nuggets of Gold ($5.99 T-Shirt Sale, Literary Printables, and more)

Hey friends~

Summer is flying by much too quickly for my taste. I can always tell when the sales start pouring into my email inbox.

I do have a few of my favorite things that I want to make sure that you know about.
Great Homeschool Products is running their annual T-shirt sale again. It started on August 15th, and runs through September 15th, but some designs are limited runs, so if there is something you have your heart set on, order sooner rather than later. If you remember, my "1st Day of School"  post last year highlighted a number of their t-shirts. I am not an affiliate, have nothing to gain, but the joy of spotting fellow homeschool families when they are out and about, sporting clever or cute shirts.

When looking for a coloring page to go with our CD of Mike Mulligan by Maestro Classics eldest stumbled on this page: Scholastic Storybook Treasures which has coloring pages and activity sheets to coordinate with a great list of picture books.

Christian Liberty Press' Free e-book of the month is a 5th grade history resource: Building a New NationThis exciting collection of short stories, American folk tales, and poetry will take readers through many important historical events of America, from the westward expansion through the mid-20th century. Students will not only learn about Davy Crockett, Clara Barton, Abraham Lincoln, Booker T. Washington, and others; they will increase their reading comprehension and vocabulary through questions, activities, and word lists located at the end of most selections. Separate student exercises booklet, test packet, and teacher's manual are also available for those who desire to get the maximum benefit from this text.

I would be remiss not to mention SchoolhouseTeachers.com, an amazing resource by The Old Schoolhouse Magazine. You can sign up for a free welcome basket and 30 day free trial to decide whether it is worth $12.95/month. In addition to over 91 courses covering a variety of subjects (and including some of my favorite teachers... Adam Andrews from the Center for Literary Education, and Brenda Ellis from Artistic Pursuits, Kim Kautzer from WriteShop)

While you're still planning, don't forget to check out my Free Homeschool Resources Online page~ I add to it as I come across great resources, many of which allow you to homeschool for free, or close to free! There are links covering many topics, from the basic R's to Art, Science, and more.

Blessings~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails