Thursday, November 17, 2011

Are you a Heely-mom?

Remember one of those "hot" gifts a few years back(I'm thinking three or so, based on my receipts....:)) that lots of kids with smooth sidewalks were all excited about~  The shoes they could wear to walk or to roll, by tilting back on their heels with wheels.... Heelys!

Yep~ that's right~ my children have been fans of Heelys since they purchased their own in 2008, and they have thought that I should "Give it a try" ever since. So, when a chance rolled around to review a pair of Heelys in MY size, I jumped at the opportunity.
First I had to decide which style being offered would be my favorite~ At first I thought that maybe two wheels would be helpful for me.... 
<----------









However, upon talking with my 11 yo Heely expert, it was recommended that I go with a one-wheel variety like so----->

The pair that I received are the same style that you see to the right, but in a dusky blue. (You'll see them in the videos below. ;) ) This is "The Edge" style from the Fall/Winter 2011 collection, and retails for $54.99.

I normally am very safety conscious, but I have to admit that I didn't use protective gear, although I did feel like wrist guards would have been "comforting" even if I didn't actually have to use them. I will also say that I didn't fall down, but some of that is due in part to the death grip I had on my daughter's arm... ;)(For those who are interested, Heely's does offer a  Safety Playbook).

Here's a video of my first attempt at Heelying, with a final bit showcasing my children~ what I aspire to. 

I truly felt like the proverbial "little old lady" on these wheeled shoes~









However, I have shown some progress~ (Pay no attention to the "preview shot" this really is a different video~ I just referenced the first one a little bit) It helps to have a street with a very slight downhill grade.....

Here's a link to see some Great Heely Videos , from basic getting started videos to crazy tricks at a variety of skate parks (With "Slow motion" versions so that it's easier to see what's happening). Rest assured that
while I may catch up with my kids' abilities to "Cruise" down the sidewalk or street, you are not likely to see ME trying any of these tricks (Although my son may be inspired...:D)

Heelys is throwing a Black Friday special!! Between Nov 25-Nov 28, Buy any pair of Heelys, get the second pair for $25. Or buy a Nano, and get a pair of shoes for $25, and get free ground shipping on all orders! So if you've every wanted to give it a go, now would be a great time~ and hey, hubby could stand a pair too, right? That way you can roll arm in arm! ;)

Heely's can be found online at heelys.com , on facebook, twitter, and their own youtube channel~

I hope you enjoyed this review~ I had a lot of fun with it!

Blessings~
Disclaimer~ Heelys sent me a pair to review. All opinions are my own, as well as embarrassing photos and video.

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails