I hope to add some photos to this page as I have time, but wanted to get this information up sooner rather than later. :)
What are lapbooks, anyway? They are simply a vehicle for your children to present what they've learned in a more creative fashion than an "Essay" or "Report". They can be a simple as a file folder with pictures (printed or drawn) pasted to it, or more elaborate "minute-books" that are folded or stapled together in a variety of ways, with many tabs and sometimes even moving parts.
- Tammy Duby (You have to “Register” at her site, but then you can download a few files for free~)
- Page with lots of links~ Homeschooling on a shoestring
- HomeschoolHelperOnline Lapbook Templates and Core subject Lapbooks
- HomeschoolShare Lapbook Templates/Resources Free Lapbooks
- Lapbooking on Squidoo ~ another place with LOTS of ideas!
- LapbookLessons~ A forum with lots of information!
- Some free lapbooks show up on Currclick as “Freebie of the Week”
- Hands of a Child Currently there is a freebie for an "Island of the Blue Dolphins" lapbook~ there may be something else offered for free depending on when you read this page. :)
- A Journey Through Learning
- Knowledgebox Central This is where I've gotten Apologia lapbooks that coordinate with both the Young Explorers AND the High School texts.
Hard Copy Books~
- Dina Zike's Big Book of Books and Activities: An Illustrated Guide for Teacher, Parents, and Anyone Who Works With Kids!
- Tammy Duby's The Ultimate Lapbook Handbook
A couple of useful items to have on hand~
preschool/early elementary lapbooks, sometimes there are little
activities that you would like your children to complete every time they
look through the book. I laminate or cover the piece with clear packing
tape. I purchased some Dry Erase Crayons by Crayola this fall (at
Stapes or Walmart~ don't recall which), and they work like a dream! :)
- Colored File Folders make things more fun
- A variety of colored copy paper.