Wednesday, February 7, 2018

What's for Dinner Wednesday? A MacGyver Meal of course!


Had to write down what I did for this one, so I would remember... in case I want to make it somewhat on purpose next time... ;) and figured I'd share with you all as well. :) 


I almost always start any main meal with an onion, but I had no onion, so I chopped and sauteed... 
·               The last few stalks of a couple of celery hearts, including the leafy greens of the very inside ones.
·               And  one orange pepper

Minced
·               3 small garlic cloves and sauteed them for a bit

Added what was left of
·               1 carton of chicken stock in the fridge, and
·               1 carton of beef broth

Used one of my Christmas presents (a Kitchenaid Immersion Blender) to whip up those veggies so they wouldn't bother anyone.  

Brought it to a boil and added
·               Two peeled, medium, chopped potatoes
·               Two peeled, large, chopped carrots
·               One bag of Ancient Grains (Bulgur and Quinoa) from Aldi
·               1 can of pumpkin puree
·               Some Orgininal Mrs. Dash Seasoning (1 tsp?) and
·               Sage  (1/2 tsp?) on its own for good measure
·               Pepper to taste

Brought to a boil again, and covered it, letting it simmer for 15 minutes

Added in
·               What we had leftover from a deli-roasted chicken (about 1 cup)
·               The end of a bag of  frozen corn (1/4 cup?)
·               About ½ cup of frozen French sliced green beans

Put the lid on and let that cook for another 5 minutes or so.
Served with
·               A dollop of sour cream
·               A sprinkling of Pepitas (roasted Pumpkin seeds)

The verdict here was thumbs up! :) 
If you make this let me know what you think ~ I'd love to hear how it works out for you.
The only other thing that I would suggest, is that those who want a little spice add a little Siracha, but other than that, I was pretty happy with it. ;) 

Blessings~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails