Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Survival Hax: (Hammock Hax?)

So... when I applied to review this sleeping bag it was an abnormally temperate fall, and I was hoping to use it to extend my outside "hammock time" relaxing with a book or kindle. However, by the time my package arrived, the temperatures had dropped a little too dramatically for me to use this 3-season sleeping bag for *my* intended, outside-the-box purpose. That being said, the timing was actually very good for me to bring it along when it was time to go pick my daughter up from college for Christmas break. It's a 7-hour drive and with an 8am "final" Final, I thought it would be best to come out the day before, sleep over, and be able to pack up when she was done. 



First benefit~ it is a very light sleeping bag~ which is a consideration when carting bags to the 3rd floor (but 3 flights of stairs, because we come in the basement). I was pleased that it was neither as bulky nor as heavy as our previous sleeping bags.


It also comes with a very nice carrying bag with straps that cover over the drawstring at the top, which I think is probably a safety measure, and if you were backpacking, I think you could use these straps to compress it even more so it would take up less space in your pack. 

As far as the bag itself goes~ there are a couple of things that I want to mention.
  • The fabric is very soft and smooth, and extremely comfortable. 
  • The head of the bag has a nice roll that worked perfectly to keep my pillows (picture taken before I unpacked them) from sliding and disappearing from beneath my head. 
  • The zipper is unique in that you can unzip from the bottom to let some air in if your toes are getting too toasty or you just want to stretch your leg out a bit. This is a huge bonus in my mind, as I frequently have a foot hanging out from under the covers.  
Although I didn't have the opportunity to use the sleeping bag outside in my hammock as I had hoped (before the weather turned colder), I look forward to starting my hammocking a little earlier this spring, with this sleeping bag as an insulating layer while I hang out in the yard or lakeside watching Middlest fish. 

If you or someone you know might benefit from a new sleeping bag (NOT for winter use), Survival Hax is offering my readers 70% off when purchased either directly on the Survival Hax Website, or through Amazon, using the code SLYP75BG. 

What would YOU use this sleeping bag for? 

Hope that you 
Blessings~
#survivalhax #sleepingbag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails