Thursday, April 28, 2016

Devonian GREEMU ("Green" Emu Oil alternative ~ A Review)

I don't know if you remember reading a review last spring featuring Emu Oil from Koru Naturals? I reviewed their Emu Oil and their Koolpurrie Balm, and we had very good success (mostly dealing with very dry, cracked, winter hands). This time, we were sent a "Green" alternative to Emu Oil... GREEMU by Devonian, an arm of Koru Naturals.

I have to admit that I prefer using plant-based solutions for skincare whenever possible. It just feels "cleaner" and fresher to me, so I was quite pleased to hear that the scientists at Devonian had come up with a blend of oils that compares with the make-up of the essential compounds found in Emu Oil.

The ingredients for GREEMU include Macadamia Seed Oil, Palm Oil, Shea Butter, Sunflower Seed Oil, and Rice Bran Oil. Obviously, if you have allergies to any of these, you would be wiser to stick with the Emu oil, but if not, you may wish to give GREEMU a try.

Because we had gotten past the "winter skin" issues this year before we received our bottle of GREEMU, I don't have any extreme photos to share like my previous review. I have been using a drop of GREEMU on areas that tend to be dry or rough, and it works similarly to the Emu Oil, although it takes a little bit more time to sink in.

My son (the major "Dry Skin" person in the house) is not enamored with the oil (he prefers a lotion or balm), and is not patient enough to let it sink in before needing to go do something with his hands, but when push comes to shove, next winter, you can be sure I'll be pulling out the bottle of GREEMU to soothe his cracked knuckles. ;)

I used GREEMU as an occasional hair/scalp treatment, and found no significant difference in its performance vs Emu Oil, but again, I prefer the "Green" version vs the "bird" version. ;) I also did an experiment, rubbing in a drop of GREEMU on one side of my face before bed (I am getting to the age when some of those fine lines and "pre-wrinkles" are beginning to show up). The next morning, I asked my daughter if she could tell a difference between the two sides of my face, and she correctly identified the right side, which was less "puffy/fine-lined" and smoother. Sounds like a winner to me! :)

Not So Nutty Nitty Gritty 
You can visit Koru Naturals/Devonian's Social Media Pages
Facebook and Pinterest

Please click the banner below to visit the TOS Review Crew and see what others had to say about their GREEMU experiences. As always, I hope that this review was useful to you as you choose where best to spend your homeschool budget.
Blessings~



Click to read Crew Reviews
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails