Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Cocoon~ Keeping Cold Things Cold, and Hot Things Hot! (Review)


A few weeks ago I received a new Stainless Steel Water Bottle, 

My family and I almost never use plastic purchased water bottles, preferring to fill reusable bottles at home and carry them with us. I also try to stay clear of plastsic water bottles of any kind, BPA-free or not. Stainless steel and glass are my typical choices. We are also particularly fond of ICE cold water, and stainless steel and glass tend to sweat, and transfer the outside heat in, so our water doesn't stay as cold as long as we'd like, plus we end up with wet hands, and potential water damage to "dry" items if carrying our bottles in a bag. We tend to cart around an insulated lunch bag with all of our water bottles... not the most convenient thing on earth... 

This Cocoon Water bottle may have taken care of that issue for us! I have to say that the vacuum insulation of the Cocoon water bottle is quite impressive! No sweating or condensation, no heat or cold transfer to the outside of the bottle at all! Because the bottle is very large (40 oz), it is perfect for a back-up refill bottle for our smaller water bottles! We pack it with ice Sunday morning before church (Oh yes, the neck is wide, so using ice cubes is a cinch) and added water. One week we didn't actually require refills all day long, and I didn't open the bottle until we got home... easily 12 hours later, as we were gone all day. Inside: still packed with ice and a little water... did not look like ANYTHING had melted at all! Woohoo!!!  Can't wait to use this in the hot summer weather, and have Ice Cold Water at all times! 

The vacuum insulation also works well to keep hot things hot, so if a toasty cup of coffee or tea is your thing, you might want to check it out! There is no transfer of heat to the outside, and my "keurig hot" water remained hot. I put it in the freezer for a half hour to test it, and when I took it out the water was still piping hot! Note that the manufacturer claims that it will keep iced drinks cold for 24 hours and hot beverages hot for 12 hours. I believe it, although I didn't test the hot for that long. Based on our ice water experiment, I expect the hot water to follow suit. 

I know this will be going on "Beach" outings with us as well as camping/hiking. For those who follow health regimes that require drinking a fair amount of water, I think the 40oz this holds would be a great option to help reach that daily quota! 

I know this will be going on "Beach" outings with us as well as camping/hiking. For those who follow health regimes that require drinking a fair amount of water, I think the 40oz this holds would be a great option to help reach that daily quota! 

Happy Hydrating! 

Blessings~



*Note: I received this product at a greatly 
discounted price, for the purposes of review. 
All other points in my disclaimer remain the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails