Thursday, April 17, 2014

A couple of time-sensitive Spring "e-nuggets" for you (Devotions and Beatrix Potter!)

Today I have a couple of quick items for you to check out~ not "free," but certainly inexpensive.

I love Beatrix Potter's stories and artwork. The complete collection, in large hardcover is a little bulky for everyday reading, and I don't own all the stories in individual books at this point. When I saw that there was a collection of her works on sale in the kindle version for $0.99 at Amazon, I decided to SPRING for it (sorry, bad pun, but bear with me). Beatrix Potter Illustrated Collection: 22 Books, 660 Illustrations, Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny and Many More! is a perfectly lovely version, with all of the illustrations and text, and the bonus is that I don't have to find space on my bookshelf for it right now. While nothing will ever take the place of a real book in hand, this is a great option for reading on the go.

There is another nugget I wanted to mention~ this one the price may be good only for today, but for only a penny you don't have much to lose, as possibly a lot to gain. Old Story New: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God is only one cent TODAY!

I haven't used it yet, but I am looking at the "Introduction" and "How to use this book" and so far it looks great. This is the 2nd of two devotional books by Marty Machowski, and it covers the New Testament. In each lesson in this New Testament focus, the question is asked "Where is the Gospel?" with the answer pointing either forward or back to Calvary.

The first book in the series Long Story Short: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God, goes through the Old Testament and asks "How does this passage point forward to Jesus?" Using both books as written will provide your family with 3 years of 10 minute devotions.

Ten minutes isn't a huge investment of time, but is far more than no minutes~ it's a good starting point for today's families who are being pulled in so many different directions, especially if the family has more than one child, who may be involved in extra-curricular activities.

I hope that you find these nuggets worth your time. :)

Blessings~








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know you were here. I appreciate "thoughtful" comments. :)

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails